2021 Jr. Home Run Derby
April 21, 2021
Darlington High School
Jr. Home Run Derby
April 21, 2021 at 5 pm
Darlington High School Baseball Complex
Welcome to the 2021 Major League Baseball Jr. Home Run Derby. This fun and exciting youth competition is a free way for talented youngsters to showcase their hitting abilities, with the opportunity of competing at the National Finals during MLB All-Star Week.
The competition is open to boys and girls 14 and under. Boys and girls are divided into two age divisions: 12U and 14U, and will have the chance to advance through three levels of competition. The Local Champions from both age divisions will advance to the Regional Level, and Regional Champions will advance to the National Finals, which will take place during the 2021 MLB All-Star Week.
All participants must bring a copy of their birth certificate and have their parent or guardian fill out a registration/waiver from prior to the start of the competition. For questions concerning the competition, please contact Jeremiah Blanton at BlantonS@floydcountyga.org or call our main office at 706.291.0766.
· Pre-registration online is required and can be done here.
· Any person with a fever of 100.4°F or who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend or participate in the competition.
· Event participants and spectators must follow all posted and published local and state guidelines.
· All attendees are encouraged to practice social distancing.
· Face masks or face coverings are required for all staff/volunteers, players (while not participating in competition), and spectators.
· If possible, participants should bring their own personal equipment (i.e., balls, glove, bat, water bottle).
· If possible, participant guardians should bring hand sanitizer for their participant to use and antibacterial wipes to sanitize personal equipment before and after the competition.
· Communicate your organization’s plan to encourage social distancing both prior to your competition and during the event.
· Add any additional protocol set forth by your organization and/or event site.
Content from Jr. Home Run Derby Press Release
Media Information: LEJ Sports Group 678.994.0107