2022 Pitch Hit and Run
Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation will host a free Major League Baseball Pitch Hit & Run Competition for Rome-Floyd County.
Pitch Hit & Run is the official skills competition of Major League Baseball. The grassroots program is designed to provide youngsters with an opportunity to compete, free of charge, in a competition that recognizes individual excellence in core baseball/softball skills.
Boys and girls are divided into four age divisions: 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14.
The individual Pitching, Hitting, and Running Champions, along with the All-Around Champion in each division age group at the Local Competition will be awarded and advance to the Sectional Level of competition. *Must have a minimum of 5 athletes in any division to qualify for the Regional Qualifier.
Registration at the host site will open at 5:00 p.m.
All participants must bring a copy of a valid birth document for age verification and have their parent or guardian fill out a registration/waiver form prior to the start of the competition. For questions concerning the competition, please contact Jeremiah Blanton at BlantonS@floydcountyga.org.
· Pre-registration online is required and can be done here.
· Any person with a fever of 100.4°F or who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend or participate in the competition.
· Event participants and spectators must follow all posted and published local and state guidelines.
· All attendees are encouraged to practice social distancing.
· Face masks or face coverings are required for all staff/volunteers, players (while not participating in competition), and spectators.
· If possible, participants should bring their own personal equipment (i.e., balls, glove, bat, water bottle).
· If possible, participant guardians should bring hand sanitizer for their participant to use and antibacterial wipes to sanitize personal equipment before and after the competition.
· Communicate your organization’s plan to encourage social distancing both prior to your competition and during the event.
· Add any additional protocol set forth by your organization and/or event site.
Content from Jr. Home Run Derby Press Release
Media Information: LEJ Sports Group 678.994.0107