You may apply for current job openings as listed below. An application is required for each position for which you apply. Applications may be completed online or printed and mailed to the address indicated in the job announcement.
Online applications will serve as originals and need not be followed up with a printed application. RESUMES ARE ACCEPTED ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY A CITY OF ROME OR FLOYD COUNTY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. You may request a full job description for current openings from the Human Resources Department.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to officiate youth sport activities, maintain records, time sheets and incident reports; respond to public inquiries regarding baseball and other programs and enforce the Parks & Recreation Department rules and regulations.
• Reports game results to the Sports Coordinator.
• Officiates at sporting events, to ensure that games rules are observed.
• Provides a safe environment for participants and spectators.
• Responds to emergencies and attends required staff meetings as needed.
• Reports unsafe situations or conditions to the Sports Coordinator.
• Provides customer service for recreation program participants.
• Reports necessary documents associated with incidents or unusual situations which arise during the program to the Sports Coordinator.
• Enforces Parks and Recreation Departments rules and regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum age requirement 18 and must have knowledge of the rules of baseball, softball, basketball or football.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform score keeping duties, using proper methods, forms and books for all sports offered by the Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Department.
• Records and reports game results to sports coordinator.
• Maintain records, time sheets and incident reports.
• Responds to public inquiries regarding sports and other programs.
• Enforces the Parks & Recreation Department rules and regulations.
• Greets the public and answers questions when necessary.
• Must be able to perform common mathematical calculations.
• Must be able to read and write in English.
• Must be able to operate a scoreboard.
Gymnastics Instructor/Special Events
JOB SUMMARY: Instruct or coach groups or individuals in gymnastics activities. Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them corrective measures necessary to improve their skills.
• Teaches gymnastic skills in a fun and safe environment for preschool and school age gymnastics.
• Teaches gymnastics skills.
• Instruction for individuals and groups.
• Monitors/Assesses gymnastics performance, to make improvements or take corrective action.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 6 months experience in gymnastics, cheer leading or coaching experience.
PREFERRED: Experience working with children of all ages.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform security and general work functions associated with maintaining the safety, security, control and welfare of inmates in performing manual work functions associated with maintaining parks and facilities for the Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Department.
• Supervises, observes, and monitors inmate activities working in the area of parks and facilities maintenance; ensures the health, safety and welfare of inmates; enforces all facility rules and regulations; maintains inmate discipline; maintains a secure and peaceful environment.
• Performs a variety of general maintenance duties at playgrounds, pavilions, tennis courts, skate center, buildings, and other parks areas and facilities; cleans buildings and restrooms; waxes, strips, buffs, and mops floors; paints buildings; repairs fences; replaces light bulbs; cleans windows, empties trash cans; sets up and tears down for events; replaces nets.
• Operates vehicles and equipment; checks all fluids, gauges, lighting, mirrors, tires, body damage, seats and sea tbelts, cleanliness, etc.; loads and unloads materials, supplies and equipment as needed to complete assigned projects; reports all problems or necessary repairs to appropriate personnel immediately; completes and maintains inspection, gas usage and other associated documentation.
• Operates a variety of machinery, equipment and tools, to complete essential functions to include the use of commercial-grade vehicles and trucks, tractors, pruners, shears, chain saw, weed eater, mower, rakes, sprayer, paint sprayer, aerator, top dresser, leaf blower, buffer, vacuum cleaner, ladder, or other equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D and two (2) years of experience in parks and/or facilities maintenance or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including appropriate endorsement(s). Must obtain and maintain certification as a Corrections Officer within a year.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick, Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay, Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness
Concession Stand Worker
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to operate a clean, safe and organized stand and provide excellent customer service.
• Sell concessions including soft drinks and food items to spectators at various events.
• Prepares food in a concession stand environment.
• Maintains a clean and organized concession area.
• Informs immediate supervisor of any product shortages or equipment needs.
• Displays the ability to work under pressure and independently in a high-stress, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to understand, follow and effectively implement written and verbal instructions
• Displays the ability to count (simple mathematical calculations to include: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and accurately make change involving large sums of money working with a Point of Sale system and digital cash register.
• Accepts payments and make correct change for customer purchases.
• Monitors funds in cash drawer to ensure adequate change is available.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 16 years of age. Basic working knowledge of food and beverage. Ability to read and write in English. Ability to perform common mathematical calculations and handle money.
Gymnastics Team Coach
JOB SUMMARY: Coaches team gymnasts at a competitive level. Creates effective learning plans for proper progression of competitive gymnasts and provides organized positive instructions.
• Provides training direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice to prepare athletes for competitive events.
• Explains and demonstrates the use of sports and training equipment such as trampolines, weights, and similar equipment.
• Evaluates athletes' skills and reviews performance records to determine their fitness and potential.
• Adjusts coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
• Monitors athletes' use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six (6) months experience in gymnastics, cheer leading or related experience.
PREFERRED: Experience working with children of all ages and communications skills.
JOB SUMMARY: Monitors recreational pool, provides assistance and protection to participants.
• Monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents
• Practices preventative lifeguard measures and perform water rescues
• Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as necessary
• Provides written reports on all accidents
• Opens and closes pool accordingly
• Responsible for completing daily cash reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a current Lifeguard Certification; including CPR and First Aid certification.
PREFERRED: Ability to read and comprehend technical material relating to lifesaving.